Using the Media Gallery
The Media Gallery hosts all videos and pictures uploaded by project users. This lesson will show you some of the options available to you.
The Media Gallery has a button on it labeled "Select File." Click this button to begin adding files, such as introductory videos or concepts stimuli to your board. If you do not see this button on the bottom of your page, it is likely because your flash player is out of date. Update it by going to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer and following the onscreen steps.
Features of the Media Gallery
(1) To enter the Media Gallery, click the "Media Gallery" button on the left hand navigation pane. When you first open the page, all of the media that has been uploaded to the project by participants or moderators will be viewable here.
(2) For each piece of media, QualBoard lists the original file name, the file size, the name of the user who uploaded the file, the file type, and the upload date. You can also click the thumbnail image to view the image in its original size, or in the case of a video, to play the video.
(3) Each piece of media in the gallery also has a delete button. If you click this, your file will be lost. Only delete things you are 100% sure you don't want there, such as if you have uploaded incorrect stimulus.
(4) To download all of the files in your project, click the "Download All Media" button. This generates a zip file with all of your files in it and may take a while to download. This will only work up to 100 megabytes. If you have more media than that, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can work out a way to get it all to you. In most cases you can download the files one, two, or three at a time.
(5) By clicking the "Add to Downloads" button, you can select a handful of files that you'd like to retrieve as opposed to downloading all of them. After making your selections, click (6) "Download Selected Media".
(6) The "Download Selected Media" button initiates a download of the files that you clicked to "Add to Downloads".
(7) You can search and filter your media in the same way that you can search your transcripts. Enter your search parameters from these options and click "Search" to filter your results below or "Reset" to show all of the media once again.